Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 100, click here.
1. 18 year-old Muhammad Ali stands alone at the 1960 Rome Olympics.
2. Three young Russian women and a little girl lay flowers at the feet of four dead American soldiers.
Three young Russian women and a little girl recently liberated from a slave-labor camp by the U.S. Army lay flowers at the feet of four dead American soldiers, April 18, 1945, Hilden, Germany.
3. A look at the Twin Towers in NYC on the since-demolished West Side Highway in the late 1970s.
An NYPD car is also in view.
4. Mr. T portrays Santa Claus at the White House with First Lady Nancy Reagan in 1983.
5. John F Kennedy in office.
6. A Bosnian girl.
A Bosnian girl, holding an AK-47 rifle smokes a cigarette as she waits for a funeral service at Sarajevo’s Lion’s cemetery on Monday, September 14, 1992.
7. Dutch resistance members.
Dutch resistance members laying a Dutch flag on the spot where 30 of their comrades were executed, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March of 1945.
8. Joseph Wald, a British army soldier of the Jewish Brigade.
He is carrying an artillery shell with “A gift for Hitler” written on it in Hebrew. Italy, 1944/1945.
9. Boy sitting on a sea mine on the beach in Kent, England, 1945.
He is eating an ice cream cone.
10. WWI – A company of the Black Watch in a trench.