Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 92, click here.
1. Belgium coal miners crammed into a coal mine elevator, coming up after a day of work, circa 1900.
2. The Adams Family, 1964.
3. “Lots of Liquor” – New York City Blackout, July 13, 1977.
4. Mr & Mrs. Winston Churchill, T.E.Lawrence and Gertrude Bell on camels in front of the Sphinx, 15th February 1921.
5. Dead German soldiers on the outskirts of Stalingrad, 1943.
6. A young Chinese woman.
A young Chinese woman sits on a stretcher at a liberated “comfort station” as she is interviewed by a British Flying Officer of the Royal Air Force following the Allied victory in the Battle of Burma, 8 August 1945.
7. American MPs with two German boys, who are being held after shooting at U.S. troops in Aachen, Germany, October 1944.
8. Sign post advocating malaria vaccine, Papua New Guinea, 1940s.
9. American antiwar protestors.
American antiwar protesters splash around in the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool during a rally against the war in Vietnam, Washington, DC, May 9, 1970.
10. Watching the eruption of Mount Ngauruhoe in New Zealand, 1926.